About The Role
As a Contract Manager, you will be part of the Contract and Procurement team of the Hai Long Offshore Wind Project and will be responsible for the pre and post contract commercial management of major contracts to ensure that best value is delivered to the project.
In this capacity, the Contract Manager shall take on a broad package of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
Development and implementation of Offshore Wind projects
- Manage one of the main project contracts in Hai Long, ensuring that all key contractual requirements are complied with both by the project and by our contractors, and taking responsibility for contract administration and management of commercial issues, claims and variations.
- Undertake contract reviews and advise project team on how to interpret and apply key contract provisions on the day-to-day operational clauses of contracts.
- Provide analysis of commercial issues post-contract, preparing notes of advice and commercial drafting for post-contract claims and variations.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory provisions in the wind farm permitting, lease and power purchase agreements.
- Maintain a contract management register to ensure a proper tracking of claims, payments, warranties, etc.
- Enhance contractual awareness across project team.
- Lead on certain procurement activities, including implementation of sourcing strategies aligned with procurement objectives, with the approved budget and in compliance with governance and purchasing procedures.
- Support day-to-day or regular stakeholder management and commercial and contractual reporting towards project owners.
- Ownership of overall contract and commercial register, including its development and maintenance.
- Work closely with subject matter experts on the evaluation of potential contractual and commercial impacts of (technical) decisions.
- Liaise and manage relationship with local stakeholders, landowners, and authorities.
- Provide administrative support on project related tasks.
- Work with subject matter experts within the global Asset Management & Operations team for accurate and efficient project delivery.
- Liaise with colleagues on other contracts/projects to ensure sharing of knowledge and consistency of approach.
- Coordinates with the finance department to ensure correct account payables and account receivables in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Support with package budgeting.
- Communication, both verbal and written, in English is essential.
This Role Might be for You If
- You have relevant working experience. i.e., 5-10 years’ experience working within the field of offshore wind or other energy/infrastructure projects.
- 3+ Years of procurement / contracting / contract management experience.
- Direct experience as contracts/commercial manager during development and execution phases of projects in excess of EUR 50m, FIDIC based contracts.
- Sufficient understanding of infrastructure project scope of works, project phases and typical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of international and national procurement and law, supply chain management, claims management.
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with construction projects.
- Experienced in commercial stakeholder / general stakeholder management.
- Professionally managing confidential information.
- Demonstrates excellent English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop effective relationships.
- Exhibits strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Possesses excellent persuasion, negotiation, and judgment skills.
- Self-driven, proactive, and solution-oriented attitude.
- IT and presentation skills.
- The candidate background can be either technical or legal, as long as the candidate is able demonstrate direct experience with contract management as well as a technical understanding.
The project works under the matrix reporting structure. In the role of Contract Manager, you will report to the Principal Contract Manager of the project, as well as to the respective package manager of the package in question.
This document is a guide. The duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the job as described herein are not inclusive and are subject to change. To apply for this position, please reference the title of your position in the email and please forward your resume to email@example.com