About The Role
As a Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Transport and Installation (T&I) Engineer, you will be part of the Transport and Installation team within the Hai Long Offshore Wind Project responsible for all WTG T&I related matters. WTG T&I related matters are the marine related tasks involved in transporting and installing offshore wind turbines (tower, nacelle, blades) and therefore the role is focused on marine and lifting operations which are a key element in constructing an offshore wind farm. The ideal candidate would have a background in construction, heavy lifting, or marine related fields and be willing to learn about WTG transport and installation and be able to effectively communicate at a technical level as well as being able to translate technical details so these can be discussed internally with non-technical people.
In this capacity, the WTG T&I Engineer shall take on a broad package of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Support in the management of the offshore transport and installation contractor, vessel supplier and Marine Warranty Surveyor including cross discipline cooperation with Engineering, Procurement, Harbour and Fabrication and other project team personnel.
- Review and provide recommendations regarding Contractor deliverables, including but not limited to transport plans, electrical deck layouts, grillage designs, lift plans/ drawings, weather limitations, response plans etc., and confirm compliance with the available codes and standards.
- Working closely with the WTG T&I Package Manager, HSE Manager, Quality Manager and the wider project team to assure that suppliers and contractors are operating in compliance with the project QA/QC and HSE and requirements.
- Review and provide recommendations regarding Contractor HSE risk assessments and associated documentation.
- Work closely with the WTG Package and Port Management teams to ensure a good interface between land-based WTG preassembly tasks and offshore T&I activities.
- Provide support in understanding local requirements which are important to WTG T&I activities.
- Working closely with the WTG T&I Package Manager and Risk Manager, support in managing the WTG T&I risks and opportunities including management and implantation of possible risk mitigations.
- Support in the management of the interfaces between WTG T&I and other internal project packages (Foundations, WTG, O&M).
- Support in the review of contractor reports, to ensure compliance with the relevant schedules and contracts, this will include understanding the contract as well as technical schedules.
- In the role of WTG T&I Engineer, you will report to the WTG T&I Package Manager.
Qualifications & Key Skills
- 3+ years of experience in construction, heavy lifting, or marine related fields.
- Educated to degree level in an engineering, maritime or other technical discipline.
- Ideally possess a technical understanding of vessel and lifting operations with the ability to resolve detailed issues and be able to convey complex technical matters coherently.
- Exceptional communication skills, comfortable at presenting, building relationships and influencing others, while working effectively across different cultures and geographical locations.
- Competent when dealing with health and safety standards, quality standards, best practice, technical specifications, and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent coordination and cooperation skills; a team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge.
- Have knowledge and proficiently in the use of AutoCAD 2D.
- A strong command of English (written and verbal) is a prerequisite for the role.
- Self-driven, proactive, and solution-oriented attitude.
This document is a guide. The duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the job as described herein are not inclusive and are subject to change. To apply for this position, please reference the title of your position in the email and please forward your resume to email@example.com